Call for Abstract
4th International Conference on Food Chemistry & Nutrition, will be organized around the theme “Exploring recent advancements and its application in the field of food chemistry & nutrition”
Food Chemistry 2019 is comprised of keynote and speakers sessions on latest cutting edge research designed to offer comprehensive global discussions that address current issues in Food Chemistry 2019
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
The Food Biochemistry accumulating plans to upgrade understanding of detailed composition of foods, specifically food components that have useful reaction on human health. Food biochemistry is concerned with the breakdown of food with in the cell as a source of energy. Each cell is a factory that transforms the nutrients of the food in to energy and other structural components of the body.
Food processing means any method that is used to change fresh food, by physical or chemical manner into food product or of food into other forms. This can involves activities such as washing, chopping, pasteurising, freezing, fermenting, packaging and many more.
- Track 1-1Enzymes in Food Processing
- Track 1-2Elements of Food Biochemistry
- Track 1-3Advances in Food Biochemistry
- Track 1-4Biochemistry of Vegetable Processing
- Track 1-5Biochemistry of Fruits
- Track 1-6Minimally Processed Food
- Track 1-7Biochemistry of Raw Meat and Poultry
- Track 1-8Biochemistry of Milk Processing
- Track 1-9Seafood Enzymes
- Track 1-10Postharvest Engineering
Nutrition is the process of providing the body with the raw materials it needs to function and grow. There are three macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids) that required by humans that function as the major fuel for physiological processes.
Nutritional biochemistry is an integrative form of science. It deals with the knowledge of nutrients and other food constituents with emphasis on their function and influence on mammalian physiology, health, and behaviour. The main goal of research in nutritional biochemistry is the scientific initiation of optimal dietary intakes for each nutrient and food ingredients throughout the life cycle.
- Track 2-1Nutrition Methodology
- Track 2-2Inorganic Nutrients
- Track 2-3Vitamins and Minerals
- Track 2-4Protein
- Track 2-5Lipids
- Track 2-6Obesity
- Track 2-7Role of Biochemistry in Nutrition
- Track 2-8Clinical Nutritional Biochemistry
Various new ancient and trendy technologies are developed to provide the economical alimental food and food ingredients for the food formulations. Recent technology in Food chemistry plays the important role in changing the nutrient data associated with the client demands in food product. To develop the food with high heath value without disturbing their flavour, texture, appearance a wide array food process and industrial techniques should be used. Today several successful comes in food recovery are performed for the price reduction and development of food product.
- Track 3-1Nanotechnologies in the food industry
- Track 3-2Impact of cooking on the nutritional content of Food
- Track 3-3Strategies to control fat absorption
- Track 3-4Novel foods & supplements
- Track 3-5New Product Development
Lipid oxidation is a process, which results in rancidity and deterioration of fats posing a major problem In food industry and on biological systems. Many synthetic antioxidants are used in food systems to inhibit lipid oxidation. However, the safety concerns about synthetic antioxidants have led to spurt of research on antioxidants from natural resources, particularly those derived from plant sources. Findings from some such studies on potent aromatic plants having good antioxidant potentials should be pooled to be exploited in food as well as in biological system as a safe alternative to synthetic antioxidants. An attempt has been made in the present review to critically appraise the potentials and safety aspects of synthetic and natural antioxidants for use in food systems.
- Track 4-1Effect of antioxidants
- Track 4-2Mechanisms of Antioxidants in the Oxidation of Foods
- Track 4-3Elucidation of lipid oxidation and antioxidant mechanisms
- Track 4-4Control of lipid oxidation
- Track 4-5Nutritional and physiological effects of oxidized lipids and antioxidants
Food safety is an umbrella term that encompasses several aspects of handling, preparation and storage of food to forestall unhealthiness and injury. Included under the umbrella are chemical, microphysical and microbiological aspects of food safety. A priority of food chemical quality is control of allergens which can be life threatening to some people that are highly sensitive. Other chemical properties of food such as vitamin and mineral content are also important and affect the overall quality of the food but are not as significant in terms of food safety. To prevent injury, the absence of foreign microphysical particles is crucial. Microphysical particles such as glass and metal can be hazardous and cause serious injury to consumers. Pathogenic bacteria, viruses and toxins produced by microorganisms are all possible contaminants of food and impact food safety.
Food security has been defined by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations (UN) as; "Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physical, social and economic access to sufficient, safe and nourishing food which meets their dietary desires and food preferences for an energetic and healthy life.
- Track 5-1Food Safety management Systems
- Track 5-2Food Safety Modernization Act
- Track 5-3Food Safety in Biotechnology
- Track 5-4Pesticides and Chemical Food Safety
- Track 5-5Antimicrobial resistance in the agroecosystem
- Track 5-6Biosecurity and zoonoses
- Track 5-7Food additives
Food microbiology is the scientific study of the microorganisms that colonize, modify and process, or contaminate and including the study of microorganisms inflicting food spoilage, pathogens that will cause sickness particularly if food is not properly roasted or hold on, those used to manufacture hard foods like cheese, yogurt, bread, beer, and wine, and people with alternative helpful roles like manufacturing probiotics.
- Track 6-1Microbial biopolymers
- Track 6-2Food testing
- Track 6-3Interactions Between Diets, Gut Microbiota and Host Metabolism
- Track 6-4Foodborne Microorganisms and their Impact on Food Quality and Human Health
- Track 6-5Microbial Decontamination by Novel Technologies
- Track 6-6Foodborne Bacterial Toxins
- Track 6-7Human Microbiome and Personalized Nutrition
- Track 6-8Antimicrobial Resistance and the Food Chain
- Track 6-9Application of Nanotechnology in Food Microbiology
Biocatalysis is the chemical process through which enzymes or other biological catalysts perform reactions between organic components. The effect of biocatalysis in the future will be precisely this: the increasing ability to use enzymes to catalyze chemical reactions in industrial processes, including the production of drug substances, flavors, fragrances, electronic chemicals, polymers—chemicals that literally impact almost every facet of your life.
Agricultural biotechnology, additionally referred to as agritech, is a region of agricultural science involving the utilization of scientific tools and techniques, together with recombinant DNA technology, molecular markers, molecular medicine, vaccines, and tissue culture, to switch living organisms: plants, animals, and microorganisms. Crop biotechnology is one side of agricultural biotechnology that has been greatly developed upon in recent times. Desired attribute area unit exported from a selected species of Crop to a wholly totally different species. These transgene crops possess fascinating characteristics in terms of flavour, color of flowers, growth rate, size of harvested merchandise and resistance to diseases and pests.
- Track 7-1Recent trends in agricultural biotechnology
- Track 7-2Advantages of chemoenzymatic synthesis
- Track 7-3Asymmetric biocatalysis
- Track 7-4Advantages of biocatalysts and enzymes
- Track 7-5Disadvantages of biocatalysts and enzymes
- Track 7-6Applications of Biocatalysis to Industrial Processes
- Track 7-7Crop modification techniques
Industrial biotechnology is one of the most promising new approaches to pollution prevention, resource conservation, and cost reduction. Recently many advances in food industry represent great role of food biotechnology. GM plants and animals are used to enhance taste, shell life, nutrition and quality of food. On the other hand GM yeast and Bacteria are used to produce enzymes for the sake of food industry. These GM foods are produced by using biotechnological techniques specifically genetic engineering. These techniques can be used to erase hunger from poor people of third world specially Africa. Besides positive aspects, there are some concerns.
- Track 8-1Advances in Biotechnology for Food Industry
- Track 8-2Applications of biotechnology in Food Industry
The term “nutraceutical” combines 2 words – “nutrient” (a nutritious food component) and “pharmaceutical” (a medical drug). Nutraceuticals is a broad umbrella term that is used to explain any product derived from food sources with extra health benefits in addition to the basic nutritional value found in foods.
- Track 9-1Dietary supplements
- Track 9-2Functional foods
- Track 9-3Adverse effects of Nano materials in food technology
- Track 9-4Role of Nano materials in food technology
- Track 9-5Nutraceuticals for Women Health
- Track 9-6Nutraceuticals for Weight Management
- Track 9-7Nutraceutical Nano emulsion
- Track 9-8Nutraceuticals through Encapsulation
Nutrigenomics is a branch of nutritional genomics and is the study of the effects of foods and food constituents on gene expression. It is a field of research focusing on identifying and understanding molecular-level interaction between nutrients and other dietary bioactives with the genome. The field aims to enhance rational means to optimize nutrition with respect to an individual's genotype.
- Track 10-1Regulation and Manipulation of Nutrient
- Track 10-2Metazoan Models and Nutrigenomics
- Track 10-3Nutrigenomics in Animal Health and Production
- Track 10-4Application of Nutrigenomics
- Track 10-5Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics
- Track 10-6Nutrigenomics and the Future of Nutrition
Nutrition labelling is information found on the labels of pre-packaged foods.
The legislated information includes:
The Nutrition Facts table
The ingredient list
Some optional nutrition claims
These give you information about the nutritional value of a food. You can use this details to make healthier food choices and achieve overall good health.
The Nutrition Facts table gives you information about:
• 13 core nutrients
• % Daily Value (% DV) of nutrients
All of the information in the Nutrition Facts table is based on an amount of food. This amount is always found at the top of the Nutrition Facts table.
Foodborne diseases take a major toll on health. Millions of people fall ill and many die as a result of eating unsafe food. Deeply concerned by this, WHO Member States adopted a resolution in 2000 to recognize food safety as an essential public health function.
• Nutrition criteria, labelling
• Food Quality, Safety and Sustainability
• Food and nutrient intake dietary pattern and dietary guide
• Food Safety network
• Hospital Dietaries in Patient Care
• Nutrition – Developed vs Underdeveloped country
• Natural Food-Based Supplements
The Food and Bioprocess Engineering is all about storage of agricultural products and related biological materials, their processing into value-added foods and various other industrial commodities. Traditional food processing methods such as size reduction, heating, cooling, drying is studied, as well as modern methods such as microwave processing and bio-processing with enzymes.
In this stream you will concentrate on the following:
- Track 13-1Food Processing and Food Engineering
- Track 13-2Post-Harvest Storage and Food Preservation
- Track 13-3Organic Waste Treatment
- Track 13-4Physical Properties of Biological Material
- Track 13-5Fermentation and Bio-Processing
- Track 13-6Bioseparation Processes
- Track 13-7Advanced bioprocess Technology Applications
- Track 13-8Enzyme and DNA Technology
Food toxicology is the study of the nature, properties, effects and detection of toxic substances in food and their disease manifestation in humans. Radioactive elements, heavy metals, or the packing materials used in food processing are examples of such substances.
Food and nutritional toxicologists deal with toxicants in food, the health effects of high nutrient intakes, and the interactions between toxicants and nutrients.
- Track 14-1Toxin food additives
- Track 14-2Pesticide residues in foods
- Track 14-3Toxic food contaminants from industrial wastes
- Track 14-4Fungal toxins occurring in foods
- Track 14-5Natural toxins in plant food stuffs
Food Conferences workshop clarifies us that how Food Forensics helps in examination of food, drinkable and encourage stuff. Stable iota arrangements are regularly acclimated affirm the “Environmental fingerprint “of a product which may then be contrasted with a reference data of real examples to check for consistency with beginning or generation framework claims. It helps in logical assurance of the starting point of sustenance and drink and identification of extortion or fake item and eventually winds up in entire Protection. These Food occasions gives data about Food contaminants, nourishment borne medical issue, Food science and innovation training, sustenance morals, Food fixings, nourishment added substances and wellbeing, Community wellbeing, perky and nourishment, Food hypersensitivities: causes, cures, administration, FDA, nourishment naming pointers and implications, Integrated ways to deal with nourishment substance and unfavourably susceptible response hazard administration. The point of arranging the sustenance gatherings is to supply introduction to innovations, government/institutional help, differed conspires and to build worldwide attach ups and to supply data with respect to late patterns in Food and beverage Sector.
- Track 15-1Clinical trials
- Track 15-2Challenges in drug design and drug development
- Track 15-3Nutrient bioavailability
- Track 15-4Properties Of Foods
- Track 15-5Food and Drug Administration
- Track 15-6Food Inspection and Grading
- Track 15-7Quality Control